I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago about creating a minimalist workspace, and my desire to strive for minimalism in other aspects of my life.
I left off by saying, “I still feel there are some things I can get rid of, but I think it’s a start.” Over the past couple weeks I noticed that I still had too much stuff on my desk.
Well, today I decided to pare down even more.
Let me break it down for you:
1) I keep my earbuds out of the way by clipping to the edge of the desk with a binder clip. When I need them, I just give them a pull.
2) I keep my Gridbook on hand, and I like to keep it clean—for when I need to jot something down, start wire framing, or have a great idea.
3) I like using a wireless keyboard & mouse to rid my desk of cable clutter.
4) Water. Lots of water. It’s important.
5) I made some cool origami. I used to have about 10 pieces all over my desk, but I decided to cut down to my two favourites.
6) I improvised some custom key holders with thumbtacks and paperclips. It keeps my keys off of my desk.
7) A reminder.
That’s all for now, folks! I hope you found it inspiring.